Learn how important the coconut tree and its’ fruit is in the survival of Pacific Islander’s daily life and learn island traditions, experience new tastes and dress like a native in this unique and fun-filled cultural tour!
- Open 5 days a week (closed on Wed & Fri)
- Free Cancellation - 48 hours notice
- Duration - 1 to 2 hours
- Show Mobile or Printed Voucher
- Single participants are welcome
- Join in Group
- Hotel Transfer - Optional
- Be greeted and guided by professional island entertainers and experience the many aspects of island life combined with fun, relaxation and many smiles.
- Taste the juice and the soft meat of the coconut. Experience how to grate a coconut and extract its’ rich milk. And enjoy a tea break in a tropical setting with an artificial waterfall.
- Learn how to create a natural hair decoration with fresh flowers & plants.
- A choice of dressing up in an island costume; sarong and shell necklace for females and warrior face painting and a masculine garb for males. Many opportunities of taking selfies!
- Take memorable selfies with the local entertainers in our beautiful tropical garden and live-stream your entire experience via our free Wi-Fi.
- (Option) Enjoy the convenient transfer service available to and from your hotel.
- The program is 90 minutes long and includes coconut expereince & Selfie-photo session with island costume.
- Participants learn the importance of the coconut in the daily life of the Pacific Islands through hands-on training to grate coconut meat and to extract flesh coconut milk.
- 3 to 5 sets of beautiful island costumes and an assortment of accessories from the different regions of the Pacific Islands awaits for participants' selfie-photo sessions.
- All photos are to be taken by the participants own camera or cell phone (selfies) and no other photos are taken to be purchased.
- A minimum of 6 participants is required for the activity to operate. If the minimum number of participants is not met, you will be informed by 5:00 pm on the day prior to your scheduled activity date and may choose to reschedule your booking or request for a full refund.
- Individuals using wheelchairs, please consult with us before making reservations.
- Free Wi-Fi connection is available both in Visitor center and Underwater Observatory.
- It is advisable to wear light summer clothing. For a perfect island-style selfie female guests may wear a two-piece swimwear under light clothing while males can wear shorts and a t-shirt.
- Bring your phone, camera or video. Rental GoPro video cameras are also available at Fish Eye to capture this special experience!
- Free cancelations will be accepted with notificaiton made by 5 pm, 2 days prior to the activity. However 5% fee will be charged for processing refund .
- Starting 5 pm, 2 days prior to the tour date – a Cancellation or Reduction of participating pax will be charged 50% of the total tour fee.
- Starting 5 pm on the day prior to the tour date – a Cancellation or Reduction of participating pax will be charged 100% of the total tour fee.
- Hotel Transfer can be added with minimal fee for various hotels found in Tumon and Agana Bay with advance arrangement. Please check the list of hotels available for transfer service.
- Please be at the designated meeting place 5 to 10 minutes before your scheduled pick up.
- As this is a shared transfer, please be patient in case of unforeseen delays along the pickup route.
Fish Eye Garden Restaurant
Lunch Operation Hour 11:00 - 13:00
Adult (12 years & up)
Pork Cutlet Set (Choice A)
Beef Curry Set (Choice B)
Coold Udon Noodle (Choice C)
With complementary soft drink & Ice cream.
Child (6 - 11 years) & Infant (0 - 5 years)
Cold Udon Noodle
With complementary soft drink & Ice cream.
Island Costume & Coconut Experience
Q.How long is this unique cultural program?
A.The program is 90 minutes long and includes lessons on the importance of the coconut in the daily life of the Pacific Islands by having the participants actually learn how to use the coconuts. The program also includes time for the participants to dress in costumes of the Pacific Islands and are free to take selfies dressed in the costume.
Q.Who is this program recommended for?
A.This unique cultural program is for anyone who has interest in the Pacific Islands. It is most suitable for those who wish to participate in a passive activity such as young ladies and those looking for the best and unique photos to upload to their social media accounts and share with their friends.
Q.Can this activity be conducted regardless of the weather condition?
A.This activity takes place in our covered open-air garden restaurant and the activities and selfies sessions can take place without being affected by the weather.
Q.Who conducts this cultural program?
A.Our show entertainers will greet and guide you through this unique island experience full of the beauty of the islands.
Q.Is this activity suitable for children?
A.The activities in the cultural experience is safe and enjoyable for children’s participation. The Island tribal costumes are also available in children sizes with accessories for the selfie session.
Q.What kind of activities are taught in the Coconut Experience?
A.The host or hostess will crack open the coconut for you to taste the fresh juice and meat of the coconut. You will then be taught how to grate the meat of the coconut and squeeze out the milk from the grated coconut meat. Our chef will prepare a special dessert for you to pour the coconut milk on for you to savor.
Q.What kind of costumes are prepared for the selfie session?
A.3 to 5 sets of beautiful island costumes and an assortment of accessories and stage props from the different regions of the Pacific Islands including the Micronesian and Polynesian Islands have been prepared. For the male participant, a warrior’s costume from the New Zealand and the Marquesas Islands complete with a war club is available for the selfie session.
Q.Are photos taken by a photographer and are they for sale?
A.All photos are to be taken by the participants own camera or cell phone (selfies) and no other photos are taken to be purchased. You are free to ask our staff to take photos of you and your group.
Q.Is there a rental camera?
A.A GoPro is available for rent at a minimal fee which you can use to take photos or videos of your experience.
Q.May I participate as a gallery?
A.As a paying participant you may choose the activity which you want to take part in. Our host or hostess will gladly accommodate your choice of activities.
Q.Are transportation service available from my hotel?
A.Hotel Transfer can be added with minimal fee for majour hotels in the Tumon and Agana bay area with advance arrangements.
Q.I am staying at a Guest House, can transportation service be arranged?
A.It is necessary to arrange exclusive transfer service in advance with additional fee for the locations other than designated hotels.
Q.Is it possible to be dropped off from a different location than my pick-up location?
A.Yes, as long as both places are designated locations however please inform us in advance.
Q.Can I be dropped off at a shopping mall on my way back to my hotel?
A.Unfortunately none of the shopping malls are designated locations however we can assist you in arranging a taxi.
Q.Members of my group are staying at different hotels, can we arrange transportation from multiple locations?
A.Yes you may arrange for different pick-up / drop-off locations by booking separate reservations for groups staying at different hotels.
Q.I booked my reservations without the transfer service. Can I just show up at any of the designated pick-up locations?
A.For efficiency purpose the transportation bus will only stop at designated locations where pick-up service is requested. Please contact us in advance to arrange your transportation.
Q.Are there any cancellation fees if I cancel my tour?
A.If you contact the Fish Eye Reservations office and cancel your tour by 5 pm, 2 days prior to your tour date, you will only be charged a refund processing fee of 5%.
Q.What are the cancellation fees if I cancel my tour after 5 pm, 2 days prior to my tour date?
A.* Starting 5 pm, 2 days prior to the tour date – a Cancellation or Reduction of participating pax will be charged 50% of the total tour fee.
* Starting 5 pm on the day prior to the tour date – a Cancellation or Reduction of participating pax will be charged 100% of the total tour fee.
Q.When do I have to make the payment for my booking?
A.An advance payment is required to book your reservations.
Her parents searched village to village and brought home different fruits, but none were able to quench their daughter’s thirst. The young maiden did not become well and soon the day came when she drew her last breath. Her parents wept and grieved the death of their daughter. Embracing his daughter’s lifeless body, the father carried her to a grave and buried her.
Not long after that, a tree grew from the grave site that nobody on Guam recognized. The tree grew very tall and the day came when the first fruits fell to the ground. The father shook the fruit and heard the sound of liquid inside. He took away the husk, cracked open the fruit, and tasted its juice. From then on, the tree that grew from his daughter’s body became the tree of life that would forever provide so many resources for the people of Guam.